The Department of Theatre & Dance, Western Kentucky University, seeks applications for a tenure-eligible Assistant Professor of Lighting and Sound Design, starting August 2018. NAST and NASD accredited, we offer a BA in Theatre, a BA in Dance and a BFA in Performing Arts with concentrations in Theatre Design and Technology, Musical Theatre, and Acting. The department supports a very active production program, and has over have 200 majors.
• Teaching Stage Electrics, Lighting Design, Sound Design, Production Labs, and other courses in the theatre design and technology curriculum, as needed.
• ·Designing lights and/or sound for department productions, and mentoring student designers and technicians.
• Supervising student workers in the areas of lighting and sound.
• Supervising the purchase and maintenance of department lighting and sound equipment.
• Supervising the scheduling of department performance venues, assisting in the development and monitoring of department production budgets, and coordinating student involvement in production activities.
M.F.A. or Ph.D. in the field of theatre lighting and/or sound design and a minimum of two years professional design experience. For more information or to apply: http://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=92249