DePauw University seeks a full-time Design and Technical Director, who oversees all scenery, lighting, sound, video, and other technical needs for all performing arts events. Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience required; degree in technical theatre preferred. Experience with AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks, and Pyrotechnics, is desirable.
Some duties will include the following:
• Hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising work-study crew for technical requirements of concerts and productions, as well as the overall support of all performing arts events.
• Competency to design scenery, lighting, sound, and video projections for performing arts events is desired, but may have a concentrated interest in one area.
• Oversee the construction of theatre sets.
• Review technical riders for guest artists as needed by the Director of Productions.
• Assist with the needs of guest artist events.
• Assist in developing a technical plan for space upgrades.
Submit application materials through DePauw Human Resources site: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1154451&d=ExternalCareerSite. Include: cover letter; resume; three letters of recommendation. Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Questions may be directed to search committee chair Tim Good at email@example.com.