Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a Lecturer of Sound Design beginning Fall 2019. Because the university seeks faculty members who bring a critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism, the College of Fine Arts is invested in hiring faculty members who can contribute to the climate of diversity in the Theater Division. Nine-month renewable non-tenure track appointment. Generous benefits: tuition for self and dependents, comprehensive insurance package, excellent retirement plan, parental leave, adoption reimbursement, wellness programs and facilities, and employee assistance program.
• MFA or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in sound design for musicals and plays.
• Background in professional theatrical design and/or entertainment industry.
• Knowledge of industry standard sound equipment and software, including Q-lab, Vectorworks and industry standard DAWs.
• Experience in university teaching.
• Commitment to ongoing professional engagement.
• Experience with students of diverse backgrounds.
• Experience in theatrical media design.
Responsibilities: Artistic and educational leadership for sound design and production. Teaching in MFA and BFA programs: Sound Design and Production and introductory classes as needed. Strong mentorship of students is critical. Additional duties: oversight of A-V, and of sound, media and lighting budgets, student recruitment, service on academic committees. Application access: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/hr/postings/29308