Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a full time Lecturer of Lighting Design for Fall 2018. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Production Design and Technology (PD&T) program is committed to a collaborative design process and professional training in theatrical design and technology, preparing students for careers in New York, Chicago, regional and/or international theater markets. The university seeks faculty members who demonstrate the ability to bring critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism. The college is invested in hiring faculty members who can actively contribute to the climate of diversity and inclusion in the Theater Division through their teaching and creative activity. The Division seeks a candidate with excellent interpretive, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
This position is a nine-month non-tenure track appointment with potential for additional summer teaching and/or work with our professional summer company, Tantrum Theater http://tantrumtheater.org/. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and is accompanied by our generous university benefits such as tuition for self and dependents, a comprehensive insurance package (including but not limited to prescription, vision, dental, and life insurance), an excellent retirement plan including company contributions, parental leave, adoption reimbursement, and more. OHIO is also proud to offer wellness programs, on-site wellness facilities, and a generous employee assistance program. Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits/.
- MFA or equivalent in Lighting Design or comparable professional training.
- Strong background in professional theatrical design and/or entertainment industry, with connections to significant professional markets.
- Experience in graduate and undergraduate-level teaching.
- Knowledge of industry standard lighting equipment and software, including Vectorworks and Lightwright.
Desired Secondary Interest: Secondary interest or desire to incorporate media and projection design into curriculum.
- Responsibilities: To provide artistic and educational leadership for the lighting design area as part of a team which includes the Division Head, also a professional lighting designer. Teaching lighting design in MFA and BFA programs, introduction to design skills, Vectorworks, Lightwright and associated paperwork. Strong supervision and mentorship of student designers including portfolio guidance and facilitating professional internships is highly important. Additional duties include participation in production planning, student recruitment, and service on academic committees.
This position requires days, nights, and weekends as needed, including, but not limited to, all designer runs, technical and dress rehearsals. Hours required as dictated by academic and production schedules.
To access the full details and application;
Apply on line at link below. You will be asked to provide a link to a digital portfolio and names and contact information for three professional references. Position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by May 14, 2018.
Lighting Design Lecturer: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/26522
Ohio University is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its program, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.