The nationally recognized Hartford Stage (LORT B) in Hartford, CT. seeks experienced and creative individual for Draper position. Preferred candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• 5 + years professional experience.
• Positive attitude.
• Exemplary organizational capabilities, strong critical/creative problem solving.
• Supervisory experience, good communication and interpersonal abilities; team oriented.
• Expertise in dressmaking and men’s tailoring- covering period and contemporary.
• Expertise in pattern drafting, draping, quick rigging- covering period and contemporary.
• Working knowledge in industrial and domestic sewing machines, sergers, industrial irons and other pertinent tools.
• Knowledge of best practice for various fabrics.
• Knowledge of costume and theatre history.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
This position is seasonal, full-time/hourly, eligible for overtime and includes a full benefits package. Hartford Stage is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. EOE. Please email cover letter, resume, references, and examples of work to costume shop manager Blair Gulledge at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Draper” in the subject line. No calls, please.