Musical Theatre Professor Department of Film and Theatre College of Humanities and the Arts SAN JOSÉ STATE UNIVERSITY
Job Opening ID (JOID): 24703 Rank: Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track) Start Date: August, 2019 Required:
• An MA, MFA or PhD in Musical Theatre, Theatre, or related field at the time of appointment
• A portfolio of creative work demonstrating artistic achievement in musical theatre.
• Professional experience and expertise in directing musical theatre.
• Emphasis on performance techniques in acting, singing, and or/dance.
• Demonstrated artistic achievement as evidenced by a record of artistic production. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Design and teach courses in musical theatre and performance, including acting technique and directing technique, as well as classes in musical theatre history and theory; stage acting; and theatre appreciation.
• advise students/participate in student recruitment
• perform various committee and other service
• participation in curriculum development
• address the needs of a student population of great diversity
Application Procedure: For full consideration, send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching interests/ philosophy, research or creative production plans, and three confidential letters of recommendation with contact information by October 15, 2018 to https://apply.interfolio.com/53614