Staff Costumer/Instructor of Crafts, Wardrobe, Makeup and Hair
• Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a position in Costume Crafts, Wardrobe, Hair and Makeup, beginning Fall 2019. Because the university seeks faculty members who bring a critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism, the College of Fine Arts is invested in hiring faculty and staff members who can contribute to the climate of diversity in the Theater Division.
• Ten-month renewable non-tenure track appointment. Generous benefits: tuition for self and dependents, comprehensive insurance package, excellent retirement plan, parental leave, adoption reimbursement, wellness programs/facilities, and employee assistance program - https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits/. Minimum Qualifications
• MFA or equivalent professional experience in Costume Crafts and Wardrobe.
• Experience/teaching ability in multiple Crafts applications, Wardrobe, Hair & Makeup.
• Working knowledge of all costume design and technology areas. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in university teaching and mentorship of students of diverse backgrounds.
• Connections to professional markets. Responsibilities: Building costume crafts, hair, makeup; enforce shop standards; oversee student wardrobe/costume stock teams; supervision/maintenance of the costume crafts shop and stock. Ideal candidate should have teaching knowledge and production experience in: Millinery, Dyeing, Mask-making, Wardrobe, Stage Makeup/effects (i.e. prosthetics), Hair/Wigs, Jewellery, small Metal-working. Strong mentorship of students is critical.