Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a full time Assistant Technical Director, beginning fall 2019. Because the university seeks faculty members who bring a critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism, the College of Fine Arts is invested in hiring faculty and staff members who can contribute to the climate of diversity in the Theater Division.
Eleven-month renewable non-tenure track appointment. Generous benefits: tuition for self/dependents, comprehensive insurance package, excellent retirement plan, parental leave, adoption reimbursement, wellness programs/facilities, and employee assistance program.
• MFA or equivalent professional experience in Technical Direction/Production.
• Teaching ability within the Technical Direction Curriculum.
• Expertise in shop equipment maintenance and scenery construction.
• Working knowledge of all processes in the Technical Direction, Stage Lighting, and design programs. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in university teaching.
• Experience teaching and mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
• Connections to professional markets.
Teach and mentor project management, structural design, welding and metal fabrication, scenic construction, digital drafting (AutoCAD) and technical design, scenic automation, stage electrics, and other specialized theatrical techniques. Enforce shop standards; shop supervision and maintenance plus theatre and electrics facilities; buy scenic and electrics supplies.
For full consideration, apply by March 31, 2019.