Assistant Professor of Theatre (Set and Costume Design) Department: Theatre.
Full Time-Tenure Track Job Description:
• Teach set design, costume design, makeup/wigs, introductory design, introductory design, introduction to theatre, puppetry, theatre history, theatre literature (Africana theatre, Latinx theatre, Asian theatre, Women in theatre, study abroad), collaborative theatre, and entrepreneurship.
• Design sets, costumes and makeup for three departmental productions a year.
• Collaborate with theatre faculty in creating shows, recruiting, and mentoring and empowering theatre arts students.
• Participate in the larger campus community through faculty meetings, committees, student advising and supporting university arts and events.
• Supervise scenic painting and props for all productions; advise student organizations, and serve on department committees.
• Maintain and supervise costume shop, painting, and prop areas.
• Supervise department internship program.
Required Qualifications: MFA in scene/costume design or professional equivalent. Working knowledge of CAD/Vectorworks, drawing, rendering, painting, and model building required. Applicants must demonstrate an ability to interface with faculty, staff and students and to balance teaching and production needs of an active undergraduate program.
Preferred Qualifications: Two years' experience teaching at the college/university level and/or significant professional experience as a scenic designer/scenic artist. M.F.A. in Theatre Design (Set and Costumes - Scenographer) Experience in projection design is a plus.
Posting Date: 8/9/19 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant: Applicants are to apply through https://esu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=esu
ESU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities as well as other qualified individuals. Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/snhm2wxqqcxxtwcz PI112818961