SIGNATURE THEATRE, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND AUDIENCE SERVICES to join the senior leadership team and report to the Executive Director. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. Founded in 1991, the Company exists to celebrate the playwright, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing subsidized, affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. The Director of Marketing and Audience Services leads a team of 10 responsible for strategic planning and execution of all sales and communication efforts; printed and digital collateral; advertising, media and public relations plans; subscriber relations/events; web and digital media efforts; outreach and audience development; brand consistency and more. The position also oversees the Tessitura Operations Manager, the Box Office and Front of House staff, as well as the operations of the Bookstore and Cafe/Bar.
• Manage Marketing and Audience Service budgets, including budgets for Signature Café and Bar and Signature Bookstore
• Direct and manage all brand strategy initiatives, ensuring brand governance, consistency and quality
• Develop all subscription, group sales and single ticket sales initiatives
• Plan and execute all advertising and marketing campaigns for a diverse spectrum of programs and projects, including development of key art for Signature productions, creating and managing schedules and budgets, and supervising all media buys with various outlets including print, radio, television, outdoor, and digital
• Plan all direct mail campaigns, including list exchanges and rentals
• Develop targeted grassroots and community outreach initiatives in support of Signature’s programming and Signature Ticket Initiative
• Oversee all printed and digital design projects with outside designers and printing vendors, including projects for the Development, Artistic and Rentals departments
• Lead all audience development efforts, including market research and audience surveys
• Liaise with outside public relations firm, collaborating on overall press strategy. Manage all press releases, coordinating with artists for press opportunities, onsite press events, photo shoots and press performances
• Oversee all editorial content, including Playbill and dramaturgical show panels
• Oversee all digital media initiatives, including photography, videography, and other recordings for artistic programs, historic content, and archival documentation.
• Oversee all organic and paid social media initiatives and all eblast communications
• Oversee maintenance and development of Signature’s website and ticketing systems
• Develop and execute visitor research surveys and manage other related data points including generated impressions and attendance statistics. Report on Signature data as well as industry trends to management teams and stakeholders.
• Co-executive produce all supplemental programs, including social events, pre and post-performance talks and lectures, panel discussions, etc.
• Set pricing agenda, including strategizing and facilitating dynamic pricing initiatives and inventory management for all productions
• Oversee all signage at The Pershing Square Signature Center, including digital signage
• Direct all box office operations, including customer service
• Direct front of house operations in support of both Signature and rental productions
• Oversee the operation of Signature Café and Bar in partnership with café operator
• Oversee the operation of Signature Bookstore, as well as merchandise development
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented professional who thrives in an intense, high-quality, fast-paced work environment. Specifically, s/he/they must have: • Significant track record of progressively responsible experience in marketing/advertising for not-for-profit institutions in the visual or performing arts • Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and communication concepts, practices, and techniques in all formats • Strong knowledge of sales, pricing and ticketing strategies • Successful experience developing and managing budgets, overseeing design and execution of marketing materials, and implementing marketing plans • Strong knowledge of print production process, media planning, buying, and performance analysis • Solid budget and ticket inventory management knowledge • Strong, creative eye for design • Hands-on self-starter who works well within a fast-paced environment and effectively manages multiple complex projects and meets multiple deadlines • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and public relations skills including the ability to work seamlessly with staff at all levels • Flexible, collaborative work style, and the even temperament necessary to work directly with artists and accommodate artistic personalities • Knowledge of Tessitura and Abode Creative Suite is a plus • Experience in café and retail management is a plus • Genuine interest in the mission
The salary for this exempt position is commensurate with experience. Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in flexible spending, commuter and 401(k) plans. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type DIRECTOR OF MARKETING in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws