The Conservatory of Theater Arts at Purchase College is accepting applications for Costume Shop Supervisor. This position will be responsible for the supervision of the shop, shop staff, and the execution of costumes for Conservatory Productions; together with workroom supervisor and other staff, position will serve as an adviser and supervisor for students working in the Costume Shop. This position is a 10-month College Year appointment from August 1 to May 31 each academic year. Successful applicants should show leadership in the field, significant professional work in the theater at an advanced level, and teaching experience. Position requires advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication, strategic thinking, prioritization, time-management, and problem-solving skills, as well as a strongly demonstrated commitment to safety in the entertainment industry. Required: Strong knowledge and experience in theatrical costume construction (machine and hand sewing, alterations, professional finishing techniques, basic crafts, dyeing, millinery), leadership experience in staff management and wardrobe supervision, proficiency with standard costume shop equipment and maintenance, skills in communication, collaboration, time management and team-oriented focus. Instructions to Candidate: This is a condensed version of the job posting. For the complete posting, please visit Purchase College Job Vacancy website at https://jobs.purchase.edu and complete an online application.
Staff Costumer/Instructor of Crafts, Wardrobe, Makeup and Hair
• Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a position in Costume Crafts, Wardrobe, Hair and Makeup, beginning Fall 2019. Because the university seeks faculty members who bring a critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism, the College of Fine Arts is invested in hiring faculty and staff members who can contribute to the climate of diversity in the Theater Division.
• Ten-month renewable non-tenure track appointment. Generous benefits: tuition for self and dependents, comprehensive insurance package, excellent retirement plan, parental leave, adoption reimbursement, wellness programs/facilities, and employee assistance program - https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits/. Minimum Qualifications
• MFA or equivalent professional experience in Costume Crafts and Wardrobe.
• Experience/teaching ability in multiple Crafts applications, Wardrobe, Hair & Makeup.
• Working knowledge of all costume design and technology areas. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in university teaching and mentorship of students of diverse backgrounds.
• Connections to professional markets. Responsibilities: Building costume crafts, hair, makeup; enforce shop standards; oversee student wardrobe/costume stock teams; supervision/maintenance of the costume crafts shop and stock. Ideal candidate should have teaching knowledge and production experience in: Millinery, Dyeing, Mask-making, Wardrobe, Stage Makeup/effects (i.e. prosthetics), Hair/Wigs, Jewellery, small Metal-working. Strong mentorship of students is critical.
The nationally recognized Hartford Stage (LORT B) in Hartford, CT. seeks experienced and creative individual for Draper position. Preferred candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• 5 + years professional experience.
• Positive attitude.
• Exemplary organizational capabilities, strong critical/creative problem solving.
• Supervisory experience, good communication and interpersonal abilities; team oriented.
• Expertise in dressmaking and men’s tailoring- covering period and contemporary.
• Expertise in pattern drafting, draping, quick rigging- covering period and contemporary.
• Working knowledge in industrial and domestic sewing machines, sergers, industrial irons and other pertinent tools.
• Knowledge of best practice for various fabrics.
• Knowledge of costume and theatre history.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
This position is seasonal, full-time/hourly, eligible for overtime and includes a full benefits package. Hartford Stage is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. EOE. Please email cover letter, resume, references, and examples of work to costume shop manager Blair Gulledge at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Draper” in the subject line. No calls, please.