Scenic Charge Artist and Paint Shop Supervisor and Instructor
Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a Scenic Artist/Paint Shop Supervisor specializing in Scenic Painting, beginning Fall 2019. Because the university seeks faculty members who bring a critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism, the College of Fine Arts is invested in hiring faculty and staff members who can contribute to the climate of diversity in the Theater Division.
• Eleven-month renewable non-tenure track appointment. Generous benefits: tuition for self and dependents, comprehensive insurance package, excellent retirement plan, parental leave, adoption reimbursement, wellness programs and facilities, and employee assistance program. Details: https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits/.
• MFA or equivalent professional experience in Scenic Painting.
• Teaching ability of multiple painting applications, and introduction to design.
• Working knowledge of all areas in the scenic design and technology programs.
• University teaching experience.
• Experience teaching and mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
• Connections to professional markets. Responsibilities Scenic painting and teaching (color matching, wood graining, faux finishing, marble brick and stone, painting on fabric and scrim, sign painting, portraiture and trompe-l’oeil, etc.); train and mentor student painting teams; enforce shop standards; teach introductory scenic design classes; daily paint shop supervision and maintenance.
Application Access: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/30256